Today is National Wear Red Day. By wearing red you are saying you support women's heart health. I had forgotten about it, but I changed shirts after watching Marie Osmond on the Today show this morning. She is a spokesperson for the cause. Marie's parents both died from heart disease. Did you know she is a single mom with 8, yes eight children!!! WOW! What a brave woman. She lost 30 pounds to make herself more healthy.
Several people have asked me why I want to lose weight. They say, you look fine. BUT...I don't feel fine. No energy, not sleeping good, short of breath, no stamina are just a few reasons that I want to lose. These reasons are all in addition to my clothes don't fit!! As I have said before, God gave me this body and it is my responsibility to take good care of it. It will be a real battle for me, because I love to eat and eat things that are not so good for me. My main stumbling block is sweets. After talking to my doctor about it I have realized I am literally addicted to sugar. That doesn't sound so bad though. If I told you I was addicted to pain killers, cocain, maybe even pornogrophy you would gasp in disbelief and be disgusted with me. Well, an addiction is an addiction and that is just the way it is. This came from my doctor now, not from my little brain. It was a pretty sobering thing to hear from a medical professional. He told me there are no miracle cures like pills, magic teas, etc. I have to take control of my eating and my health. Well, it is kinda like going through withdrawals!! I haven't completely given up sugar, but just controling the amount I use. IT IS HARD, VERY HARD. But by the grace of my precious Lord and Savior, I WILL make it. So far I have managed to lose 4.2 pounds and believe me that is a big encouragement!!!!!! :):) I already feel better, but the best is yet to come. 20.8 more pounds to go!!
Blessings have come in multiples lately. James Griffin got a good, clean report in Houson this week. Carly is doing really well. She will go to Houston in a short while for proton beam radiation. The spots in her lungs are not cancer!! Our sweet Lord has been so gracious to us all, hasn't He? Seeing prayers answered is such a blessing and being allowed to be a part of those answered prayers is an absolute priviledge given to us by our King Jesus. Are you receiving those type blessings and priviledges? If you are you know what I am talking about, if not, start today to pray for those around you that are hurting. When our girls were little I told them God was a "multi-purpose God". I was trying to explain to them the power in prayer. When God answers prayers, it always touches so many people in so many different ways. After all, He knows all our needs. He never lets one ounce of blessing go to waste, He uses every bit of it. We have never even met Carley Parker. She is the daughter of a woman that Daisy worked with in Opelika/Auburn. Just following her story and seeing the strength this family has drawn from God and the blessings he has poured out on them has lifted me to heights that are breath taking. He allowed many of my family to be a part of Carley's life through prayer. We are connected forever. Neat!!
Sewing is at the top of the agenda for today. I'm making a "Taggie" for Luke and one for Jacob. A taggie is a square piece of cloth with all kinds of ribbons, etc. coming from it's seams. Babies and even toddlers love to feel these different textures. Hopefully, I will get to Maggie's dress today. Gotta get started on Jacob's "coming home outfit" very soon.
Have a good one!! Make Jesus a part of all you do!
Friday, February 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment