No I don't mean football. Our scripture for Worship was Matthew 13:45. The only parable that has no explanation. You should have heard it. Bro. Don is just so anointed by King Jesus. He explained that if the Church is divided, then it is destroyed. If the pearl talked about in this verse is divided then it is destroyed. Pearls are the only precious gems that cannot be divided. So, the same with the Church. He preached about the Church's responsibilities and that means our responsibilities. What a message. God is really moving among us right now and we feel Him so much. That also means Satan is on the war path, too. We must walk closely with the Lord and follow His guidance to the letter.
I have not heard from little Caleb today. Keep praying for him. Carley and her parents left early this a.m. for MD Anderson Clinic in Houston. I'm sure they have hopefully gotten a feel of the place by now. Sunday is a good day to get out and walk the halls and find where everything is. I believe they start meeting with doctors tomorrow. They will be there all week. Please pray for Carly. Another person that needs our prayers is Dale Goodman. We talked to his wife yesterday while at the hospital. He had back surgery and had developed an absess (sp?). His wife brought him in terrible pain and the place had to be drained and I think they put a drainage tube in while we were there. Remember him and his wife Linda.
James Griffin is doing really well. Praise God for that. Keep Mary Sue Clark in your prayers, too. She is almost done with her treatments for breast cancer. This is her second time to have this cancer. There are many others that you know of I'm sure. Get the word out so we can pray for them, too.
Let's remember our state and each person that will vote in the upcoming election. Pray that we will all get on our knees and ask God to lead us as we cast our vote. This is one of the most critical elections of my lifetime and folks, it is serious. I won't get on my political soapbox, but please don't go to the poles without much prayer and time with God. Only He has the answer as to the "age old question", "Who is the right man for the job?"
I hope you all had a good Lord's Day. Hopefully, we will all have a good week. Oh, and by the way, GO PATRIOTS!!!
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey!! Mrs. Esther!! I just wanted to take a minute and Thank You for praying for Caleb. It was a scary couple of days but thanks to prayer we made it through them. Thanks again!! Jennifer Walker
Post a Comment