Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm Back

Sorry it has been so long. I have missed each of you!!! Blogging is something I have come to enjoy and when you tell me you have visited my blog, well, it makes me feel like I have visited with you.

Last week I was in Daphne for a couple of nights. Daisy had her monthly Bible Study at her house and Wyatt had to work. I went down to help with the children. On Tuesday night we bathed, even though I wasn't in the tub, I was wet enough to have been!! Then Daisy came upstairs and fed Luke and I rocked him and he was out for several hours. Maggie and I then played in her "lovely pink 'woom'". We played for a while and then read several stories about princesses, like Cinderella, Ariel and Snow White. She loves those stories and they are LONG! Then we got in her bed and both went to sleep before 9:00 p.m.! Mimi was TIRED, TIRED. Maggie kept telling me those "ladies" at Mommie's meeting were keeping her awake. They did sound like they were having fun. When they got down to really studying, they got quiet though. We had a really good time in the "pink woom". Next day Maggie and I hung out while Mommie and Luke went to Daisy's weekly Bible Study that she does with her preacher's wife. They have been studying Hebrews for a long, long time and it must be really a wonderful study. Daisy loves it. She has quoted parts of Hebrews 11 to me several times. It teaches us about giving our problems to God and putting our trust in Him. She has ministered to me from that Bible study many times. What a blessing for my 29 year old daughter to minister to me, her 56 year old mother!! I am so thankful for my girls and what they stand for.

After Daisy got home, Wyatt got up and I treated them to lunch at Olive Garden. I had a low-fat selection from the menu of baked chicken (of course) with asparagus and broccoli. Oh, and salad, too. No bread sticks! Well, I did have one for dessert. Delicious!!

When we returned to the house, I rocked Luke to sleep and then read to Maggie until she fell asleep for a nap. Then it was off to Grove Hill to see my love. When I got there he had 12 red roses on the bar for my Valentine's Day. And he had me the cutest card with a little boy with a man's tie and dress hat on. Zach said, "Mimi that's me on dat caad". It was a precious card. Well, I gave Ward a nice card that played music and a CD of love songs. We didn't exchange cards until Thursday morning though. Great Valentine's Day. On Friday I had two dr. appointments in Mobile, so we went to the Original Oyster House for lunch. Now, I didn't obey my diet that day, and...it was so good!!!

I am posting some pics of the children over to the right, if you have time and would like to take a look. Maggie is so into the Princess thing. She doesn't really even like baby dolls. She loves dress-up, princess stuff, story books and her doll house that I got her at the consignment shop. Zach loves cars, horses, story books and the outside. They both love to swing. Oh yes, we bought them a swing-set for our house today. Can't wait to get it put together so we can swing high.

Please remember Carley Parker. She will have another surgery on the remaining part of the tumor in her sinus cavity. She is so afraid, because she will have to have another trache (sp?) They think the drs. in Houston can get more of the tumor than they did in B'ham and maybe even all of it. That would make the treatments so much more successful. Please remember her.

An answered prayer and praise is for Mr. Royce Council. He is the man I have mentioned that had cancer and was very, very ill and probably not saved. We have really been praying for him and even that God would lead us if we were the ones to witness to him. Well, last Wed. night it was reported that he had died. I was just sick to my stomach, but then it was added that he had gotten saved before he died. What a BLESSING AND A TRUE MIRACLE.!!! God is so good.

There are others that are on my heart that are not saved. One in particular that God has not given me the go ahead to visit again. We are not doing Faith right now, but Ward is ready to go with me, if the Lord leads and I really believe that is what is about to happen. No name can be mentioned right now, but please pray that God will clearly lead me to know what to do, when to do it and what to say to this person. It will be a very dificult task as the person knows what we are talking about, but just does not want to take the steps that are needed. Oh, my dear Lord, what a terrible situation to be in. This is such a burden to know someone that feels like this person does and you just can't get through to them. We can't stop though, so just pray, pray, pray.

This post will be way too long. Sorry, but it has been too long since I last wrote. The diet thing is just at a stand-still right now. I am trying, but the scales are not moving. Exercise is what is really lacking right now. I must get to the task though. My body does not feel healthy like it is and I know how it would feel if I could just drop 10 pounds. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!! Just writing about it gives me courage and I do believe if you are reading this you care enough to pray for me. Thank you so much.

If you need me to pray for you about anything, please email me or leave me a comment on this blog site. All you have to do is click on "Comment" and type your message. You can just sign in as Annonymous. No need to have a Google account or anything like that. Don't forget to sign your name to your comment so I will know who you are.

Love to you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness! I can't even remember what I ate for lunch today so you're doing good to remember all that from last week!!! We had a good time here, and you can just come on back any old time you like!!! WE miss you!!!
love you!
Daisy