Today was so busy. As soon as we picked up Zach at 7:30 and got back to the house, we started to put the new swing set together. Finally around 3:00 p.m. it was finished. Zach had already been able to swing a little before lunch, but the final touches weren't done until middle afternoon. He told us about 5 times that he loved us for "building" he and Maggie such a "cool" swing set. And he thanked us about that many times, too. Well now, that made all the stooping, bending, lifting, mis-matched nuts and bolts worth it all!!! What a sweet blessing to hear that little guy saying thank-you and I love you for something we did for him. He called Maggie about a million times on his "cell phone" to tell her to come and play with him on the swings. He even told her she had to eat her lunch and take a good nap so she could go outside! That's what we told him when we came inside for our lunch! I can't wait for Maggie to come to enjoy it, too. We will attach the baby swing for Luke, too. God created these little children and entrusted them to our family. How great is that?? Yes, he did create everything and I am so thankful He did. Something else we learned about tonight is that God was NOT created. He was, is and always will be. Period. God is forever and so are we, if we are in Christ. Doesn't that make you want to shout it from the roof top? It makes me want to share it with everybody.
Back to today. We got the swing set up. Next we moved the sand box AND sand (about 5 five gallon buckets full) and play house to a new location. Ward is going to move the big swing (the adult one) over to the new place, too. I have attached pics of the new swing set.
We are making a sun room out of our back porch. Pics of this are added, too. Jason Gates is doing the work and Ward is helping him. He works on the side for people who have smaller jobs like this. He does it in the afternoons after he gets off from his regular contracting job and some on Saturdays. We now have nine windows, a door and walls instead of a porch. We are very excited and thankful to be able to do this. It will be great fun for the grandchildren, since the room will be partly for their toys, etc. It will almost be like being outside. Of course we will be spending much time OUTSIDE with the new swing, too!! It is still a few weeks from completion. The inside still has a lot to be done, but the wait will be worth it.
Prayer request that were voiced at Church were: Mr. Hart, Debbie Stifflemire, Nick & Emily Steadham all in the hospital with flu. Renae Wood, Morgan Keel, Leila Bell Newton, Sandra Anderson, Lenette Tarleton & family at home with flu. Bimbo Baugh had a heart attack and is in Mobile awaiting open heart surgery. Jackie Duke will have surgery for prostate cancer. Bud Morgan, surgery. Mary Sue Clark. Sid Mizell is the missionary that was captured by the Talaban. Please remember her. John Matheson is back in the hospital in B'ham, serious heart problems.
What a long list and this is not all, I'm sure. These were just mentioned tonight. Oh yes, the Stewart family in Camden, death of Mrs. Stewart (wife &n mother, only in her 40's). God bless all of these and I pray He will minister to each one according to their needs.
We closed tonight with this verse: "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life". John 3:16 Praise God!
2 comments:
WOW!!! The room looks awesome and the swing set does too!!! I can't wait for Maggie to get to come swing!!! I told her today we might get her one for the back yard, and she about flipped out. She said "Oh, Mommy, that would be "fancastic!" That's how she says it anyway. It was priceless, so I'm sure the thankyous and love yous make it all worth it, too.
See you soon!
Love, Daisy
I just want to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blogs. This has been such an inspiration to me. I will be praying for you and hope you will do the same for me. Thank you!
Lynn Gates
Post a Comment