It has been several days since I posted. Much has been happening. First, God has granted us a blessing that we will never forget and we will Praise Hm forever for that blessing. Our only granddaughter was thought to have eye cancer (retnoblastoma). We agonized at what the outcome would be. We prayed for God's mercy on our little Maggie and her parents. We prayed for strength for us to be supportive for them. We prayed for Abby, who is pregnant and very upset at this news about Maggie. God did bless us and He blessed us, well, I'm not sure if there is a word for the type blessing he gave us. Maybe I will find that word when I get to Heaven. Maggie is OK. No, she is just fine!!! A trip to the optomologist (sp?) Friday morning revealed to her parents that she is just fine and she is also seeing fine. It was a photo taken by a friend that caught the eye of a total stranger. She in turn, through several people got the word to Daisy that Maggie's eye looked funny in the picture. It could have been this cancerous tumor, but Praise God it was not. No tumor, nothing. We are Praising God!!!!
Now, this has shown us without reserve that God IS in control and He knows what is best for us. No, I am not saying that b/c Maggie is fine. It seems that God gave Daisy and Wyatt a peace about the whole situation. He gave us a peace about it, too. No matter the outcome, we knew we would not be alone. It was a peace that I have felt only a few times before. But, a peace that I intend to look and search for more often from now on. He took care of Maggie and our Lord will also take care of the things that are to come. How wonderful God is. He is everywhere, knows how many hairs are on my head, knows what will come tomorrow!! A N D...that means I don't have to worry AT ALL. :) I AM NOT ALONE.
Will I worry again?? Oh yes, I will. But, when I remember this past week and what God did, I will gain that peace that passes all understanding. Isn't it funny how God uses one situation to reach so many people with so many different problems?? I am so glad He is my God. I hope he is yours.
I have not lived too healthy the past few days. My diet has not been anywhere near the forefront of my thoughts. Tomorrow will have to be a new start for me. God forgive me for not holding up my end of the bargain at living a healthy life.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment