
We do not stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing .
NEVER Be The First To Get Old!
Just a little "fun" stuff that I ran across today. A friend sent me a "Where's Grandma" poem that indicated that Grandma's computer had taken her away! It was actually a tribute to all of us Moms and Grandmas who have learned to use the computer. This picture of Maxine and the little saying were at the end of the poem. I believe the saying "My grandchildren keep me young". Do you?? When Zach, Maggie or Luke are around, I don't have time to feel tired, ache all over, complain, all those "old people" things that we do. They keep me busy and on my toes at all times. Zach sat down to his lap tray this morning and said, "Mimi, I am hungry". I thought, well he didn't eat much breakfast so I asked him what he wanted. He wanted me to go to "his" kitchen, the play one, and cook him some food!! So....I got out a play plate and put him some spaghetti & meatballs one one and corn on the cob on the other. I served him tea in a cup. He "ate" it and said "Good job Mimi, that was some good food"!!! We read about 30 books and played the Diego game. He checked on his "baby boy" in the cradle and rocked him for a while. We went to get the mail, came back and worked on our letter recognition and counting. Then...it was lunch time, ALREADY!! See, no time to be old. He is napping now and I am catching up on things that I need to do. Still, no time to be old!! When he wakes up we will go to the swings and play for a while. Then to the Fish House to meet his Mama and Daddy Bryan and eat supper. Then Ward & I will buy groceries. Then, when we get home and put the groceries away, then watch a little TV, maybe I can feel old for just a little while!! :) :)
Carly is home now!!!! Woo!! Hoo!!! Don't you know they are so glad to be back in Auburn. It will only be for a little while though. She will go back to Houston for radiation treatments in a short while. Thank you to all that have been praying for Carly and please keep it up.
TURKEY SEASON COMES IN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

Ward went to listen yesterday morning. He heard at least 3 gobbling. WOW!! I can hardly wait. And with the time change already in effect, we don't have to get up so early. We will get up around 5:45 and be gone by 6:00. I will hunt tomorrow and then not again until probably Wednesday. This probably sounds silly to many of you, but Ward got me hooked about 4 years ago and it only took one morning to do that job. I have loved it every since. The most wonderful part of it is watching the sun rise and wake up the world. You start to take notice the first bird to make a sound. Then as you wait it the early morning light, finally in the distance you heard it loud and clear. That big "Tom" makes his first call to his "girls". Then the near silence is over, just like that. Those "girls" start to put on the show. Then back and forth...they do their "love talk" to each other. It will make the weakest man or woman hooked for life. What a thrill to see this first-hand and be a part of God's handy-work. You sit there and think, 'He made all of this and I am here to hear it for myself, to witness something that is only a fact in a book for many people'. How thankful I am to have this opportunity!!
Enough of dreaming about tomorrow morning. But, I do love it.
Please remember Ronnie Harrell. This man is facing his last days and I know he and his family are devastated. I'm sure Ronnie is "right" with the Lord, but it must still be so hard to leave...for good. Pray for strength and courage for Sharon and their family as they prepare to say good-bye.
We have a family member that is facing a tough decision right. Nothing bad, just a difficult decision. That person is a God fearing one and is trusting God for all the answers. Just remember our loved one as they seek God's guidance.
The week-end is here and I am glad. Sunday will be another good one. Last week we heard our future Minister of Youth preach. Sunday night we voted him in with a 100% yes vote. Dustin Moore will be on the field soon. Keep him and his fiance in your prayers.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment